QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync (HBS) 3 is a comprehensive backup, recovery, and data synchronization solution for QNAP NAS devices. It supports various storage solutions, including local, remote, and cloud storage.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Backup and synchronize data across multiple platforms, including NAS, cloud, and remote servers.
- Efficient Disaster Recovery: Using Storj's global network of tens of thousands of Storage nodes provides quick and easy recovery to ensure minimal downtime in case of data loss.
- Real-time Synchronization: Keep your data updated across different locations in real time.
- Flexible Scheduling: Customizable backup schedules to fit business needs.
To integrate your QNAP NAS with your preferred backup solution using HBS 3, you'll need to configure settings within HBS 3.
- A QNAP NAS device with HBS 3 installed.
- An active Storj account: Navigate to https://storj.io/signup?partner=qnap to sign up, or log in https://storj.io/login if you already have an account.
- A bucket for QNAP in your Storj account.
Install HBS 3: Ensure that HBS 3 is installed on your QNAP NAS. You can find it in the QNAP App Center.
Launch HBS 3: Open HBS 3 from your QNAP interface.
Go to "Storage Spaces"
Create new S3 compatible space.
Enter the following on the "Create a Storage Space" screen
- Service provider: S3 Compatible
- Server address: gateway.storjshare.io
- Signature version: v4
- Region: Global
- Access key and Secret key: created in the previous step
Create a bucket for the "Use specific bucket" option
Create a New Backup Job: Choose remote as the backup you want to create
Select Source: Choose the folders or volumes on your NAS that you want to back up
Select Destination: Choose Storj
Enter the bucket name created previously
Set Schedule and Options: Configure backup schedule, versioning, encryption, and other options based on your needs.
Save and Run the Backup Job: Save the configuration and run the backup job to ensure it works as expected.