The landing page for the Storj DCS Satellite Admin Console is the Project Dashboard.
When you log into the Satellite Admin Console, you start on the Project Dashboard for your default Project. A Project is the basic unit for aggregating usage, calculating billing, invoicing fees, collecting payment, and handling access management. Users can create multiple Projects and projects are invoiced separately. Within a Project, usage is tracked at the Bucket level and aggregated for invoicing to the Project. Project names are not client-side encrypted so that they may be rendered in the Satellite user interface. There are two main drivers for creating multiple Projects: access management and billing.
Learn more about Projects in Key Architecture Constructs under Concepts.
On the Project Dashboard, there are a number of navigational elements and information displays:
- Projects management - This element allows you to add Projects and switch between different Projects. There you also have a Manage Projectssetting.
2. Project Navigation - This element allows you to move between the different functions related to the project you have selected, view this Dashboard, use the Object Browser to interact with data stored on Storj DCS through a web browser interface, Create an Access to an Object for native integrations and credentials for the Self-hosted S3 Compatible Gateway, invite other developers to collaborate with you on your Project in Users, see Billing, check Resources, and manage your Account in My Account .
3. Storage Utilization - This element displays the amount of storage utilized in the current month, measured in GB hours. For more information, check Billing, Payment and Accounts
4. Bandwidth Utilization - This element element displays the amount of download bandwidth utilized in the current month measured in GB. For more information, check Billing, Payment and Accounts
5. Project Details - This element displays the current billed amount in USD, number of objects and number of segments used in the current month and the estimated charge for the current month.
6. Bucket Information - This element displays the names of your Buckets, the current month´s usage for the Buckets and the number of objects in the Buckets.
Here are some links to help you get a better understanding of your Satellite Admin Console and Storj DCS constructs:
Key Architecture Constructs
Usage Limit Increases
How Billing is Calculated