Deleting a Payment Method #
To use the Storj DCS Paid Tier, a user must have a valid payment method on their account. Users may delete payment methods:
- when substituting for another valid payment method; or
- when requesting the deprovisioning of the account; or
- when requesting the deletion of an account
The process for substituting valid payment methods is outlined above. Once a new payment method is added, the old payment method may be removed.
If a user wants either to stop using an account but not permanently delete the account, or permanently delete the account, the user may remove all payment methods only after following the steps outlined below.
The process to end your platform usage starts with deleting all data from the platform, including all objects and buckets. Next, all Access Grants must be deleted. Once this is done, the user should submit a ticket to remove all payment methods. The ticket should:
- State that all data has been deleted (Buckets, Objects)
- State that all Access Grants have been deleted
- Identify the
- Project Name
- User Account Email
- Payment Method(s)
- Confirm that the outstanding balance is $0.00
- Indicate whether the account should be deleted or set to zero usage limits
Once the ticket is received, and we have confirmed there is no outstanding balance owed, the payment method(s) will be removed before the end of the next billing cycle. Once all payment methods are removed from the account, either the account limits will be set to zero or the account will be deleted per the request.
Note: The user will be required to verify the request via the registered email address on the account.